What is blood oxygenation?
The blood has mainly a transport function:
– gases: oxygen inspired from the lungs to the tissues, carbon dioxide from the tissues to the lungs to be exhaled.
– nutrients from the intestines to the liver and tissues.
– hormones and other molecules, from secretory cells to other tissues that change their function depending on the presence of the secreted product.
– heat from tissue to the skin, especially in hot weather.
– cells for defense against bacteria, viruses and other intruders.
In fact, we pass your blood through a machine which will re-oxygenate and re-inject it. The process takes approximately 1 hour.
You will then have the feeling of having new blood (when it is actually your own blood but even more concentrated in oxygen), and of having rejuvenated.
Consult us for a personalized quote.